Heat Pump Workshop
Online workshop held in May 2020 by the UMass Center for Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy and UMass Clean Energy Extension. An in-depth introduction to heat pump and variable refrigerant flow systems, with a focus on municipal applications for Massachusetts cities and towns.
See the workshop slides
Watch a recording of the workshop (We will improve the video resolution if possible, but in the meantime, all details are clearly shown in the slides linked above.)
Feedback form for workshop participants
- Introduction to heat pumps
- Heat pump equipment options
- Identifying heat pump applications
- Grant and incentive programs - Mass Save, Alternative Portfolio Standard, Green Communities - presented by program representatives
- Municipal heat pump case study and lessons learned - presented by Shawn Newell, Assistant Director, Department of Public Facilities, Town of Lexington MA
- Greg Hosselbarth has worked at Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating since 2011 and is currently the Director of Commercial Business for the Northeast Region. Greg holds a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering and Masters Degree in Business Administration.
- JS Rancourt is a Principal at DXS New England, Daikin’s local manufacturer’s representative, focused exclusively in air-source heat pump and VRV/VRF technology. He started his career founding DXS Ontario in Toronto, Canada in 2012, and has been in New England since 2016. JS holds a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Contact Lauren Mattison with questions.